- Applicants Can Expect Delays Through August
- August 3, 2016
- Law Firm: Fragomen Del Rey Bernsen Loewy LLP - New York Office
The Department of Jobs, Enterprise & Innovation and the Irish Naturalisation & Immigration Service have been experiencing processing delays. The specific delays are as follows:
- Employment permit applications are taking approximately two to four weeks longer than normal to process;
- Employment permit applications filed under the Trusted Partner Initiative (TPI) are taking approximately one to three weeks longer than normal to process;
- Atypical Working Scheme (AWS) applications are taking approximately three weeks to process, instead of the usual one week; and
- Visa applications submitted at Irish consular posts may also be affected.
Foreign nationals applying for employment permits, AWS authorization or visas at Irish consular posts abroad should expect processing delays and should take the delays into consideration.