- New Online Registration Requirement Implemented for Posted Workers
- October 3, 2016
- Law Firm: Fragomen Del Rey Bernsen Loewy LLP - New York Office
Companies sending workers to provide services to a client or affiliate in Hungary from another European Economic Area country must now complete a new online registration process prior to the employee’s start date. This requirement is in addition to all other existing registration requirements, and it only applies to employees who remain on home payroll.
To complete the registration process, the employer must follow the below steps:
- Create an account on the Ministry of National Economics Department of Labor Inspection’s website;
- Complete the registration form and submit it; and
- Save the confirmation page.
Employers who do not complete the registration process prior to a posted worker’s start date are subject to a fine of EUR 95 per employee.
What This Means for Employers and Foreign Nationals
Employers in Hungary should identify any posted foreign workers and should complete the registration process as soon as possible. The Labour Inspectorate office will likely allow a grace period for employers to register current posted workers, however the details on this are not yet clear.
Employers seeking to hire new posted workers should contact their immigration professional to discuss the registration process, which will result in a new cost, and should discuss any labor-related issues with an employment law provider.