- Short-Term Work Permit Exemption Introduced
- November 8, 2016
- Law Firm: Fragomen Del Rey Bernsen Loewy LLP - New York Office
A short-term work permit exemption has been implemented for foreign nationals working in the following activities:
- Those attending conferences, seminars and trade shows;
- Those seconded to France to participate in audit, information technology, management, finance, insurance, architecture or engineering-related activities;
- Those participating in cultural, artistic and scientific events;
- Entertainers and technical staff working in film production and distribution, in audio-visual, performing or recording arts;
- Domestic workers during their employer’s stay in France; and
- Visiting professors conducting occasional lectures.
Rules and mandatory formalities regarding a secondment declaration and representative designation in France remain applicable.
What This Means for Employers and Foreign Nationals
Foreign workers should benefit from the new short-term work permit exemption and should contact their immigration professional to discuss the exemption and related entry requirements.