- New Visa Exemption Created for Business Visitors
- February 3, 2017
- Law Firm: Fragomen Del Rey Bernsen Loewy LLP - New York Office
On or after February 12, 2017, nationals of 80 countries - including all EU Member States, the United States, Brazil, Indonesia and others - will be eligible for a visa-free business and tourist stay up to five days if they enter through the Minsk National Airport.
Required Documentation for Entry
Eligible entrants must present the below documents to enter under the exemption:
- A valid passport or other valid travel document;
- Proof of at least EUR 25 (or equal amount in dollars or Belarusian rubles) for each day of stay;
- Proof of medical insurance with coverage of at least EUR 10,000 in Belarus.
A list of all eligible nationals is available here.
Foreign nationals on a flight from/to the Russian Federation and holders of diplomatic, official, or special passports are not eligible for the exemption.
What This Means for Employers and Foreign Nationals
Eligible travelers will benefit from the exemption and should contact their immigration professional to ensure they comply with the travel requirements.