• Employment Pass Holders Transferring to Related Employer Now Require New Application
  • January 30, 2017
  • Law Firm: Fragomen Del Rey Bernsen Loewy LLP - New York Office
  • Employers can no longer transfer an Employment Pass (EP) holder to a related company in the case of a merger or acquisition without the new employer submitting a new EP application, according to a policy change announced by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM).

    Once the new EP is approved, the previous employer can cancel the old EP, without re-advertising the role in the job bank.

    Previously, employers could transfer an EP holder to a new company without a new EP application.

    What This Means for Employers and Foreign Nationals

    Employers that need to transfer an employee to a related company should contact their immigration professional to ensure that there is adequate time to complete a new EP application and that the new company’s corporate relationship is properly indicated in the application form.

    This change in process may result in a fee increase.