Providing Comprehensive Representation for the Railroad Industry
Since the Safety Appliance Act took effect in 1900, Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote has been representing Class I, Regional, and Short Line railroads, as well as corporations and insurers that serve the railroad industry, in all aspects of the law. This established tradition continues today with Dickie McCamey attorneys providing legal counsel and litigation defense to rail carriers in a vast array of matters, including:
- Asbestos, toxic tort and fume exposure
- At-grade road crossing accidents
- Damage to railroad property, trains, and cars
- Effective investigation of railroad-related accidents
- Federal and state public utility commission regulatory issues
- Federal Railroad Administration compliance and investigation
- FELA lawsuits
- FRSA lawsuits
- Indemnity and contribution for third-party harm to railroad employees and assets
- Medicare reporting and compliance
- National Transportation Safety Board investigations
- Oil and gas easements
- OSHA compliance and investigations
- Passenger injury
- Railroad real estate and utility tax issues
- Record retention responsibilities and policies
- Repetitive stress, whole-body vibration, and hearing loss
- Surface Transportation Board proceedings
- Train operation noise and vibration complaints
- Trespassing incidents
In short, our Railroad, Litigation and Regulatory Counsel Group covers the entire spectrum of legal issues facing interstate commerce and the nation’s railroads.
Offering Extensive Experience at the Regional and National Level
Railroads are not confined to one jurisdiction and neither is Dickie McCamey — our lawyers possess extensive railroad-related trial experience, appearing in hundreds of jurisdictions in state and federal courts across the country. This expansive footprint enables our lawyers to quickly respond to our railroad clients’ needs, whenever and wherever they may arise.
Our Group’s assets are not merely comprised of lawyers well versed in the trial of railroad-related claims. With front-line training and experience in railroading, our team is regularly retained immediately after an event to coordinate accident investigation efforts. Further, with memberships in many of the leading associations devoted to serving the railroad industry’s interests, we keep abreast of cutting-edge developments in the industry and regularly provide educational and training assistance on these advancements.
Advanced Understanding of the Legal and Regulatory Landscape
In the regulatory realm, Dickie McCamey lawyers work side by side with railroad legal departments to interact with public utility commissions on safety issues and the handling of crossing protection and closure proceedings. Our lawyers further counsel railroads on municipal matters, code compliance, legislative initiatives, and more. Our skilled team also helps with litigation, labor and employment needs, and tax assistance and offers extensive experience with risk management, regulation compliance, and transactional services.
Dickie McCamey remains dedicated to working with each of its valued railroad clients to provide high-caliber, focused, professional legal representation designed to meet the unique needs of those fueling and fostering the nation’s growth and prosperity — the railroad industry.