- Citizens Property Insurance Presentation, 9-Member Panel, Unlicensed Public Adjusters and Reform Proposals on Today's Florida House Assignment of Benefits Workshop Agenda
- February 18, 2015
- Law Firm: Colodny Fass P.A. - Fort Lauderdale Office
- A packed agenda awaits members of the Florida House of Representatives' Insurance and Banking Subcommittee during its Assignment of Benefits ("AOB") Workshop scheduled today, February 9, 2015, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. A section of the time has been reserved for public testimony.
To view the meeting packet, check http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sections/Documents/loaddoc.aspx?PublicationType=Committees&CommitteeId=2845&Session=2015&DocumentType=Meeting%20Packets&FileName=ibs%202-9-15.pdf
After a statistics-heavy presentation by Florida's Citizens Property Insurance Corporation ("Citizens") showing that South Florida water damage claims represented 91 percent of Citizens' AOB-related litigation in 2014, Subcommittee members will hear from a diverse nine-member panel on the topic.
- Douglas Buck, Florida Home Builders Association
- Michael Carlson, Personal Insurance Federation of Florida
- Gary Farmer, Florida Justice Association
- Former Florida Senator Steve Geller, Florida Association of Public Insurance Adjusters
- Paul Handerhan, Florida Association for Insurance Reform
- Lee Jacobson, Florida Justice Association
- Matthew Jerabek, Mr. Dry Out
- Scott Johnson, Johnson Strategies
- Jon Lavender, Florida Association of Restoration Specialists
To watch the meeting on live Webcast, go to www.TheFloridaChannel.org and click "live streams."