- Texas Department of Insurance Call For HelpInsure.com Personal Auto, Residential Property Data Due May 15, 2015
- April 27, 2015
- Law Firm: Colodny Fass P.A. - Fort Lauderdale Office
- In Bulletin #B00008-15 issued today, April 20, 2015, the Texas Department of Insurance ("TDI") requested all insurers writing personal automobile and residential property policies in Texas to provide information for the HelpInsure.com Web site under Texas Insurance Code §32.104. The Web site serves as a resource for Texas consumers who are shopping for personal automobile or residential property insurance.
Under Texas Insurance Code §32.101, this data call applies to property and casualty insurers who are currently writing new personal automobile or residential property business and meet one of the following criteria:
- The insurer is in one of the top 25 national groups and has more than $1 million in direct written premium in Texas, or
- The insurer is in one of the top 25 national groups, has more than $1 million in direct written premium in Texas, and issues and processes business through a nonaffiliated company, for example, a county mutual
Please see the hyperlinked instructions below for calculating personal automobile and residential property rates.
- General Instructions
- Sample Rates Data Call Record Layout and ZIP List
An Excel file containing the record layout for the sample-rate data file and ZIP codes is attached to the instructions.
The TDI will send a hyperlink for an online form to all insurers participating in the data call with instructions for submitting the sample-rate data file and additional information.
Data is due to TDI on May 15, 2015 for rates effective June 1, 2015.