- Florida Mediation of Property Insurance Rules Comment Period Open Until January 28, 2015
- January 25, 2016
- Law Firm: Colodny Fass P.A. - Sunrise Office
- Comments are open until January 28, 2016 on two proposed Rules relating to the mediation of property insurance claims.
Proposed amendments to Rule 69J-166.002, F.A.C., "Mediation of Commercial Residential Property Insurance Claims," and Rule 69J-166.031, F.A.C, "Mediation of Residential Property Insurance Claims," are intended to promote clarity and efficiency in the mediation of property insurance claims process.
Both Rules are being amended to do the following:
- Cross-reference the new Rule for approval of mediators for the program
- Clarify that an insurer must make a claim determination before submitting a claim to mediation
- Change the start date for the 21 days to resolve a claim before a mediation conference is held
- Identify the Web site at which the mediation request form may be obtained
- Specify that a mediation conference will be held within 15 miles of the insured property unless agreed otherwise by the parties
- Provide various additional clarifications and minor revisions