- U.S. House Financial Services Subcommittee on Insurance, Housing and Community Opportunity: Witness Testimony in March 17 Hearing on Insurance Sector International Competitiveness and Jobs
- May 23, 2012
- Law Firm: Colodny Fass Talenfeld Karlinsky Abate Webb P.A. - Fort Lauderdale Office
Federal Insurance Office Director Michael McRaith and Florida Insurance Commissioner Kevin McCarty led a panel of insurance industry executives and related professionals who testified on March 17, 2012 at a U.S. House Financial Services Subcommittee on Insurance, Housing and Community Opportunity hearing entitled ""U.S. Insurance Sector: International Competitiveness and Jobs."
In his remarks, Director McRaith briefly alluded to the highly anticipated Federal Insurance Office report on insurance regulation, saying "I recognize the high level of interest in this report and appreciate the patience and understanding of this Committee. Once released, we trust you will find the report to be of appropriate depth and quality."
Commissioner McCarty spoke on behalf of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners.
- The Honorable Michael McRaith, Director, Federal Insurance Office, U.S. Department of the Treasury
- The Honorable Kevin McCarty, Insurance Commissioner, Florida Office of Insurance Regulation, on behalf of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners
- The Honorable Steve Bartlett, President and Chief Executive Officer, The Financial Services Roundtable
- Mr. Peter Ralph Kochenburger, Executive Director, Insurance Law Center and Associate Clinical Professor of Law and Director of Graduate Programs, University of Connecticut School of Law
- Mr. Allan E. O'Bryant, Executive Vice President, Head of International Markets and Operations, Reinsurance Group of America, Inc.
- Mr. Michael C. Sapnar, President and Chief Executive Officer, Transatlantic Reinsurance Company, Inc.
- Mr. William Toppeta, Vice Chairman, MetLife, Inc.
- Mr. J. Robert Vastine, President, The Coalition of Service Industries