- ITC Institutes Investigation (337-TA-947) Regarding Certain Light-Emitting Diode Products
- March 20, 2015 | Author: Eric W. Schweibenz
- Law Firm: Oblon, McClelland, Maier & Neustadt, L.L.P. - Alexandria Office
- On February 12, 2015, the U.S. International Trade Commission ("Commission") issued a press release announcing their vote to institute an investigation of Certain Light-Emitting Diode Products and Components Thereof (Inv. No. 337-TA-947).
The investigation is based on a January 12, 2015 complaint filed by Cree, Inc. of Durham, North Carolina alleging violation of Section 337 in the importation into the U.S. and sale of certain light-emitting diode products and components thereof that infringe one or more claims of U.S. Patent Nos. 6,657,236; 6,885,036; 6,614,056; 7,312,474; 7,976,187; 8,766,298; 8,596,819; and 8,628,214.
According to the Notice of Investigation, the Commission has identified the following entities as respondents in this matter:
- Feit Electric Company, Inc. of Pico Rivera, California
- Feit Electric Company, Inc. of China
- Unity Opto Technology Co., Ltd. of Taiwan
- Unity Microelectronics, Inc. of Plano, Texas
Lastly, Chief ALJ Bullock issued a notice indicating that he will be the presiding Administrative Law Judge in this matter.