- Tier 1 (Investor) category changes
- November 18, 2014
- Law Firm: Dentons Canada LLP - Toronto Office
The Tier 1 (Investor) category caters for high net worth individuals making a substantial financial investment to the UK.
Following a review by the Migration Advisory Committee, the following changes come into affect from today, 6 November 2014:
- The minimum investment threshold is raised from £1 million to £2 million.
- The provision which permitted the investment sum to be sourced as a loan is removed.
- It is no longer sufficient for 75% of the investment sum to be invested in the prescribed forms of investment. The full investment sum must be invested in the prescribed forms of investment, i.e. share or loan capital in active and trading UK companies, or UK Government Bonds.