- Reminder: Renewal and Notice Filing Fees for Investment Advisers Due by December 13
- December 16, 2013 | Authors: Jeffrey D. Collins; Tiffany Ann Ford; Diana W. Lo
- Law Firm: Foley Hoag LLP - Boston Office
As a reminder, investment advisers who are subject to any state registration, renewal or notice filing fees must fund their IARD accounts by this Friday, December 13 in order to cover such fees. This deadline applies to the following advisers and representatives:
- State-registered investment advisers
- State-exempt reporting advisers (including those that are also SEC-exempt reporting advisers)
- Notice filers (i.e., SEC-registered advisers that are required to make a notice filing with a particular state)
- All investment adviser representatives
Fees must be paid through the IARD website and should be deposited into the renewal account. Funds must be posted to advisers’ renewal accounts by December 13, 2013. An adviser who fails to fund the account by this deadline will have to discontinue its investment advisory business after December 31, 2013.
Fees for SEC-registered advisers and SEC-exempt reporting advisers are collected separately in connection with the annual update to the Form ADV that must be filed by such advisers.