- USCIS Revises Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification
- March 10, 2017
- Law Firm: Duane Morris LLP - Philadelphia Office
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has published a revised version of Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. As of January 22, 2017, USCIS will only accept the new version of the form (identifiable by the revised date of “11/14/2016” in the footer) for all new hires after that date.
Changes to the new version include:
- Employees only need to provide other last names used in Section 1, rather than all names used.
- The certification in Section 1 for certain foreign nationals takes less time to complete.
- There are additional spaces to enter multiple preparers and translators.
- There is a dedicated area to enter additional information that employers were previously required to note in the margins of the form.