- NJDOL Issues Mandatory Paid Family Leave Act Workplace Poster, Further Guidance for Employers
- December 13, 2008
- Law Firm: Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C. - Greenville Office
Last week, the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development (NJDOL) issued additional guidance concerning the new Paid Family Leave Insurance Law (commonly referred to as the “Paid Family Leave Act”) on its website, at http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor/fli/fliindex.html. Most significantly, the NJDOL’s website now contains a copy of the mandatory workplace poster concerning the new law.
By no later than December 15, 2008, all New Jersey employers subject to the New Jersey Unemployment Compensation Law must conspicuously post this poster in a place accessible to all New Jersey employees. Employers also must provide a written or electronic copy of the poster to all New Jersey employees:
- No later than December 15, 2008;
- At the time of an employee’s hiring (if hired during or after November 2008);
- Whenever an employee notifies the employer that he/she is taking paid family leave to bond with a newborn or newly adopted child or to care for a seriously ill family member; and
- At any time, upon the first request of an employee.
The NJDOL’s new webpage also contains a copy of the Paid Family Leave Insurance Law, an additional FAQ sheet, a chart detailing employee contribution rates under the new law, and contact information for state plan operators and private plan operators.