- Govt. Contractors: Fair
- April 13, 2017 | Authors: Meredith Merry Campbell; John D. Clifford; Joy C. Einstein; Gregory D. Grant
- Law Firm: Shulman, Rogers, Gandal, Pordy & Ecker, P.A. - Potomac Office
Effective immediately, the Trump Administration has repealed President Obama's Executive Order on Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces (Executive Order 13673). For context, this Executive Order included the following requirements:
- Required prospective federal contractors and subcontractors to disclose federal and state labor violations (including allegations) from the previous 3 years and to illustrate steps taken to remedy those violations;
- Imposed paycheck transparency provisions such as mandatory wage statements setting forth a worker’s classification information (independent contractor or employee), overtime hours, hours worked and any changes in pay; and
- Prohibited enforcement of pre-dispute arbitration clauses consented to in employment agreements when there is a Title VII claim or other tort involving sexual assault or harassment.