Angeliki Papaefstathiou is an Associate of the Administrative Law Department at Harris Kyriakides LLC. Her main areas of expertise are in administrative and public law. She often assists and represents public entities and municipalities before the Administrative Court. Her recent work includes providing legal opinions in relation to public law matters, to public entities such as the Larnaca Water Board and the Municipality of Ayia Napa.
• Provided Legal advice to public entities including Ayia Napa Municipality, Larnaca Water Board (LWB), Youth Board of Cyprus (ONEK), State Health Services Organisation (OKYY), The Housing Finance Corporation (HFC), Larnaca Municipality. Particularly, Angeliki provided legal advice on matters related to (a) employment relationships between organisations and their employees, (b) the interpretation and implementation of various laws and regulations (c) legal measures which can be taken by these organisations on various matters they face, (d) appointments in the public sector (e) on disciplinary offenses of employees;
• Prepared submissions at the Administrative Court in relation to various matters such as premises permits, competitions, planning permits, building permits, appointments to the position in the wider public sector for imposing excise duty and value added tax;
• Prepared appeals to the Administrative Court;
• Prepared actions in relation to unlawful interference on immovable property on behalf of the Attorney-General of the Republic of Cyprus;
• Participated in proceedings before the Dispute Resolution Committee, which was appointed for the purpose of resolving disputes between the Ministry of Transport and our client, Communication and Works (OSEA) and preparation of pleadings;
• Participated in disciplinary proceedings conducted by LWB;
• Participated in meetings of Larnaca and Ayia Napa Municipalities, LWB, State Health Services Organisation and Housing Finance Corporation (HFC;
• Revised important contracts signed between these organisations and their employees;
• Legal technical control of draft legal instruments (laws and regulations);
• Appeared before the Administrative Court, District Court, Criminal Court on behalf of the above organisations. In addition, Angeliki assisted in cases that intended to challenge the decisions of the public authorities as well as private companies; and
• Represented the Deputy Minister of Tourism before the Criminal Courts on operation of leisure centers and premises without permit from the Cyprus Tourism Organisation.
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.