Robert heads the trial team at Eglet Law and is the lead trial counsel on all major cases. The awards and accomplishments listed below are only a sampling of the reasons why Eglet Law’s Senior Partner, Robert Eglet, is the most respected and sought after trial attorney in Nevada. A testament to this is that Robert receives referrals from hundreds of attorneys from around the United States to try their cases for them.
Robert is a past President of The Nevada Trial Lawyers Association and served on its Board of Directors for three years. Robert Eglet is the past Vice-Chairman of the Nevada Law Foundation where he served as a member of the Board of Trustees for 6 years. He is on the Executive Committee for The National Trial Lawyers Association and is a member of the Board of Trustees for the Nevada Access to Justice Commission. Robert also serves on the National Advisory Board of the Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America and is their Regional Director for Nevada, Utah, Arizona and Colorado. Robert is a sustaining pillar of Justice of the Nevada Justice Association (NJA) and a Guardian of Justice of the NJA.
Robert is routinely asked to lecture around the country to various trial attorney organizations and bar associations on trial practice for product defect, large catastrophic injury and death cases.
A resident of Nevada since childhood, Robert graduated from Western High School in Las Vegas. Thereafter, Robert earned a degree in economics, with honors, from the University of Nevada. Robert went on to receive his law degree from the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, where he graduated in the top 10% of his class. Robert is also a graduate of Hastings School of Law College of Trial Advocacy and the National College of Trial Advocacy.
After completing his legal education, Robert returned to Las Vegas joining one of Nevada’s oldest and most prestigious law firms where he spent the next four years developing his skills as a trial attorney. Robert then started his own law firm specializing in defending personal injury, insurance bad faith and wrongful death cases. Over the next decade Robert successfully built his firm from two to twelve attorneys, becoming one of the most respected defense firms in Nevada. At the same time, Robert continued to try countless cases.
In 2000, Robert sold his defense practice to his partner and began his partnership with his current partners where he specializes in representing the significantly injured, victims of product defects and defective drugs, commercial trucking accidents, insurance bad faith and wrongful death clients.
When Robert is not pursuing the rights of injured victims, he and his wife Tracy Eglet, also a Partner with Eglet Law, split their time between their three grown children and the charitable organizations they support.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Named “Trial Lawyer of the Year” by the National Trial Lawyers Association – January 2014
- National Lawyer of the Year in 2010, by Lawyers USA
- Trial Lawyer of the Year in 2005 and 2012 by the Nevada Justice Association
- Only lawyer to ever be named Trial Lawyer of the Year twice
- The Largest Personal Injury Verdict in America in 2010 ($505 million) and 2013 ($524 million) to date
- 4th Largest Personal Injury Verdict in America in 2011, $186.2 million
- Only lawyer to ever have the largest personal injury verdict in America twice, two verdicts in the top 5 in America in two consecutive years & 3 verdicts in the top 5 in America in 3 out of 4 consecutive years
- The 38th Largest Verdict in America in 2007, 42 million
- The Three Largest Personal Injury Verdicts in Nevada History
- Four Top 40 Verdicts in America within the Past 6 Years
- More Multi-Million Dollar Verdicts than any Trial Attorney in Nevada History
- Member of “The Round Table” – The 100 Most Influential Trial Lawyers in America
- Honored as One of “The Top 100 Trial Lawyers” for the Past 6 Years by “The National Trial Lawyers Association”
- Honored by the Association of Plaintiffs’ Trial Lawyers of America with the “Clarence Darrow Award”
- Certified by the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- The Only Attorney in Nevada to be named as one of the “500 Leading Lawyers in America” For Four Consecutive Years
- Recipient of the “Badger Award,” The Nevada Justice Association’s Most Honored Award
- The Highest Possible Rating from the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory (AV) and Inclusion in the Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers, The Definitive Guide to Americas Leading Lawyers
- Named as Both a Nevada and Mountain States “Super Lawyer”
- A Member of the “Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum”
- Honored as a “Pillar Of Justice” by The Nevada Justice Association
- Only the Fifth Attorney in Nevada to be named as a “Benefactor” by the Nevada Law Foundation
- Honored as One of the “Elite Lawyers of America”
- 2013 Thurgood Marshall “Fighting for Justice” award for his tenacious effort, against overwhelming odds, in achieving success in the fight for justice
- Lead Trial Counsel in Over a Hundred Civil Jury Trials With Only 3 Losses; an Astounding 97% Winning Percentage in Trial
- More Than $1.5 Billion Dollars in Verdicts and Settlements in the Past 10 Years Alone
- 31 Verdicts in Excess of a Million Dollars
- Named one of the “Top Lawyers 2014″ by Desert Companion (October 2014 issue)
- Named one of the Readers’ Choice Awards Top 100 Men of the Year for 2015 by MYVEGAS Magazine (Fall 2015 issue)
- Named one of the Readers’ Choice Awards Top 100 Lawyers in Las Vegas for 2015 by MYVEGAS Magazine (Winter 2015 issue)
University of California, Hastings College of the Law
Honors: Top 10% of the class
McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, CA
Juris Doctor, Trial Law
Honors: Top 10% of the class
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Bachelor of Science with Honors
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Commercial Trucking Accidents
Insurance Bad Faith
U.S. District Court District of Nevada
U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
U.S. Supreme Court
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
Executive Committee for the National Trial Lawyers Association
The Nevada Trial Lawyers Association, Past President
The Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America (APITLA), National Advisory Board Member
Nevada Law Foundation, Past Vice-Chairman
American Association for Justice, Presidents Club Member
Nevada Access to Justice Commission, Board of Trustees
Regional Directory of Litigation for APITLA for Nevada, Utah, Arizona and Colorado
American Society of Legal Advocates (ASLA), Member
The American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Member
Rue Ratings’ Best Attorneys of America, Best Attorney Lifetime Charter Member
Nevada Law Foundation (Benefactor).