- New Documents Required for Residence Permit Applications
- September 15, 2017
Effective immediately, Tanzanian immigration authorities have introduced additional corporate documentary requirements for resident permit applicants. The additional requirements are as follows:
- Current status of shareholders from the Business Registration and Licensing Agency (BRELA);
- Current immigration status of company shareholders;
- Tax clearance certificate (this was a listed as a requirement in the past but applications were accepted without it); and
- Tax payment slips from the previous fiscal year.
Failure to submit these additional documents with a residence permit application will result in application refusal.
What This Means for Employers and Foreign NationalsEmployers should take note of the additional requirements and should make the documents available to their employees for residence permits applications.