- New Occupations Eligible for Short-Term Permit and Out-of-Quota Stay and Work Permit
- October 4, 2017
The Croatian Parliament has added new occupations to the list of those eligible for a short-term work permit and out-of-quota Stay and Work Permit.
New Short-Term Work Permit Occupations
Foreign nationals performing the following activities are now eligible for a Confirmation on Work process, which is a short-term work permit:
- Artists, authors, technical and other staff participating in filming a high-budget film, up to 90 days per year;
- Support, reporting, organizational and technical staff at sport events and competitions, up to 60 days per year; and
- Staff participating in shooting fashion editorials and ad campaigns, up to 60 days per year.
A Confirmation on Work takes from one to seven days to process.
New Out-of-Quota Occupations
Foreign nationals performing the below activities can now obtain a Stay and Work Permit without meeting quota restrictions:
- Artists, authors, technical and other staff participating in filming a high-budget film, for activities exceeding 90 days per year;
- Foreign nationals with valid long-term stay in another EU/European Economic Area member state;
- Third-country national transferred within the same corporate group as the sending entity for the purpose of long-term mobility; and
- Other persons as defined by law.
Benefits for Foreign Nationals
Foreign nationals working in the above occupations should benefit from the ability to regularize their status.Foreign nationals now eligible for an out-of-quota Stay and Work Permit should see a more streamlined work permit application process.