- Change to Temporary Residence Permit Regulation
- October 24, 2017
Effective September 27, 2017, Ukraine’s temporary residence permit regulation will be amended to include a diverse range of changes. The below is a discussion of the changes and their effects.
- Investors now eligible. Founders, shareholders and/or beneficiary owners with a confirmed investment in a Ukrainian company of at least EUR 100,000 will be eligible for a Temporary Residence Permit. This Temporary Residence Permit can be issued for a period of two years, renewable for the same period without limitation on the number of renewals. This increases the pool of eligible candidates for this permit type. For intracompany transfers on a long-term assignment, the Temporary Residence Permit can be issued for even longer durations, corresponding to the work permit.
- Filing by representative. Authorized representatives will be able to file initial and renewal Temporary Residence Permit applications based on a Power of Attorney. The amendment removes the discretionary margin and decreases uncertainty in the filing process. Foreign nationals will still be required to collect the temporary residence permit in person.
- Faster processing. Temporary Residence Permit initial and renewal applications are expected to be processed in 10 calendar days rather than the current 15.
- Renewal deadline. Renewal applications will have to be submitted at least 10 calendar days before expiry, instead of the current deadline of 15 calendar days before expiry.