- Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program Streamlined
- November 17, 2017
Effective January 2, 2018, the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program will implement two new immigration streams and utilize a single application form in an effort to streamline the application process.
Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program streamlined
A closer look
Effective January 2, 2018, the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) will include the following changes:
• Alberta Opportunity Stream. This stream will replace the Employer-Driven and Strategic Recruitment Streams for foreign nationals seeking to work in Alberta, Canada by combining multiple streams, categories and industries into one stream and one set of criteria.
• Alberta Express Entry Stream. This new stream will enable the province to select and nominate foreign nationals from the Express Entry pool and invite them to apply for nomination. An approval of nomination will allow foreign nationals to add an additional 600 points to their Express Entry profile, increasing their chances of obtaining an approved visa
• Self-Employed Farmer Stream. This stream will remain unchanged and continue to operate under the current criteria.
• One application form. The new streams will use one application form, making the application process easier.
• Processing. Applications received before January 2, 2018 under the Employer-Driven and Strategic Recruitment Streams will be processed according to the criteria in place when the application is received. New applications will have to be filed under one of the three streams on or after January 2, 2018.