- Jobs Bank Merged with MySkillsFuture Portal
- November 17, 2017
Effective immediately, the Jobs Bank portal has been merged with the MySkillsFuture portal, a government-run website that focuses on skills development and career guidance for citizens and permanent residents.
Job advertisement website has merged with government website.A closer look
• Merge description. Effective immediately, the Jobs Bank, where employers publish job advertisements to comply with labor market testing requirements for Employment Pass (EP) applications, has merged with the MySkillsFuture portal, a government-run portal that focuses on skills development and career guidance for Singaporean citizens and permanent residents.
• Effects of merge. The move to a new portal will not affect previous job postings. Data from the Jobs Bank will be migrated to MySkillsFuture, including company profiles. Companies who have previously registered with the Jobs Bank should be able to use the new portal immediately.
• Posting duration rule remains. Job advertisements posted in the new portal must run for an uninterrupted 14 calendar days in order to legally comply with the preliminary process for filing an EP application.
• Amending advertisements. A key change is that employers can now amend job advertisements posted in the Jobs Bank, where this was not possible with the previous portal. However, an amended job advertisement will be considered a new job post and will therefore need to run for at least 14 calendar days from the date the change was made, before an EP application can be submitted.