- Appointments Cancelled and Processing Delayed Due to Storm Ophelia
- November 17, 2017
Government offices are closed on October 16 and 17 due to Storm Ophelia. Immigration appointments on these dates are cancelled or postponed and employment permit processing is delayed.
Government offices and schools are closed on October 16 and 17 as a result of the remnants of Storm Ophelia passing through Ireland.
Appointments are cancelled
• All appointments at the Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) office at Burgh Quay in Dublin are cancelled.
• Appointments at other GNIB offices around the country are likely cancelled. Applicants should telephone their local office in advance.
• All citizenship ceremonies have been postponed. New appointments will be arranged before the end of the year.
The following offices are closed on October 16 and 17:
• Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation (DBEI): there will be no employment permit processing, applicants should anticipate processing delay.
• Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS)
• GNIB offices around the country
Impact on travel
International travel will be disrupted with numerous flights cancelled.
What this means for foreign nationals
Foreign nationals should contact the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) after October 17 to reschedule appointments. The Fragomen office in Dublin will also be closed, but phone lines will stay open, manned through the Fragomen London office.
We hope that you and your loved ones are safe.