- Companies Must Submit 2018 Employment Pass and Professional Visit Pass Projections
- December 29, 2017
Due to holiday closures and the expected high volume of projection applications, companies should submit their 2018 projections for Professional Visit Passes and Employment Passes as soon as possible to avoid delays.
Companies registered with the Expatriate Services Division (ESD) or the Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) who plan to submit initial or renewal Professional Visit Pass (PVP) and Employment Pass (EP) applications in 2018 should submit their foreign national number projections as soon as possible to avoid delays.
A closer look
- Background. Companies registered with the ESD or the MDEC must submit a projection application online and obtain projection approval before any initial or renewal PVP or EP applications can be submitted in 2018.
- 2017 numbers will be invalid. Approved PVP and EP projection numbers granted in 2017 will not be valid in 2018, even if there are unutilized numbers left.
- Consequences of noncompliance. Companies that do not have approved projections for 2018 will not be able to submit initial and renewal PVP and EP applications until they obtain the required projection approval. Foreign nationals in Malaysia under a PVP or EP may need to leave Malaysia if their new PVPs or EPs cannot be obtained prior to the expiry of their current PVPs or EPs.
- Submission assistance. Fragomen Malaysia has been working with its clients locally to ensure timely projection submissions.