- Minimum Salary Level Increased
- March 20, 2018
Effective January 1, 2018, the minimum monthly salary for foreign workers has increased to KZT 28.284, up 15.6 percent from last year.
A closer look
- Initial and renewal applications. Employers of foreign nationals seeking to obtain or renew a work permit on or after January 1, 2018 must increase the foreign national’s minimum salary to comply with the new rule.
- Pending applications. Employers of foreign nationals with pending work permit applications as of January 1, 2018 must increase the foreign national’s minimum salary to comply with the new rule.
Reminders on other requirements
- Benefits and allowances. As before, benefits and allowances may only be included if they are specified in the employment contract, guaranteed and fixed, and are not paid in kind. Holiday allowance cannot be included.
- Market salary rate. As before, salaries must also meet the market salary rate for the proposed position.
- Currency. As before, employers are required to pay all foreign workers in local currency.