- After Months of Waiting, Six New Jersey ATC Facilities are Announced
- December 18, 2018 | Author: Andrew D. Linden
- Law Firm: Norris McLaughlin, P.A. - Bridgewater Office
Applicants for the six additional vertically-integrated ATC facilities have been waiting months to find out if their applications would be successful. After combing through 146 applications and over 43,000 pages of application materials, the New Jersey Department of Health has announced the following winners:
- North Jersey: NETA NJ LLC (Phillipsburg) and GTI New Jersey (Paterson)
- Central Jersey: Verano NJ LLC (dispensary in Elizabeth and cultivation in Rahway) and Justice Grown (Ewing)
- South Jersey: MPX New Jersey (dispensary in Atlantic City and cultivation in Galloway) and Columbia Care New Jersey (Vineland)
It is not surprising that the successful applicants will be operating in highly-populated municipalities, most of which are in need of economic stimulus.For those that were not successful, all is not lost. As the number of medical marijuana patients continues to grow rapidly, it is anticipated that the DOH will seek applications for additional ATCs next year. And those who have submitted an application should be able to repurpose those materials for a recreational license application once the adult use legislation is passed (hopefully early 2019).