• Special Education Tip – With A Help From My Friends – 74-2017
  • December 15, 2017 | Author: Rochelle S. Eisenberg
  • Law Firm: Pessin Katz Law, P.A. - Columbia Office
  • When developing the Present Levels, in some cases it would be helpful to obtain information from the instructional assistants/paraprofessionals who are providing services to the students. Also, ask them if the accommodations they are implementing are helpful, a waste of time, or being rejected by the student. Get their input on the need for extended time.

    In order to get the proper help from the instructional assistants/paraprofessionals, make sure you are reviewing the IEPs and 504 Plans with them. You should actually sit down with them and review the accommodations section of these documents. Provide them with a snapshot of the IEP and take a few minutes to explain it.