Geoffrey’s practice focuses on federal, state and local taxation, employee benefits, executive compensation, and non-profit and tax-exempt entities. He advises clients operating in a broad range of industries on federal, state, and local tax issues that arise during business transactions. Additionally, Geoffrey advises corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, nonprofit corporations and individuals on federal, state and local tax issues (including advising start-up and emerging-growth companies from formation through liquidity in matters such as governance, debt and equity financing, equity incentive compensation, real estate transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and other tax planning matters). He has also advises clients on tax credit financing (e.g., low-income housing tax credit, new markets tax credit, rehabilitation tax credit, renewable energy tax credit), transfer taxes, international tax, and tax penalties and additions to tax.
• Attorney Advisor to the Honorable Robert P. Ruwe, U.S. Tax Court – Washington, D.C. (2008-2011)
• Associate, Snell & Wilmer, L.L.P., Phoenix, Arizona (2011-2017)
• Attorney, Burbidge & White L.L.C., Salt Lake City, Utah (2017-2019)
• Of Counsel, Jones Waldo Holbrook & McDonough, P.C. (2019-present)
• Member, Utah State Bar
• Member, Utah State Bar, Tax Section
• Member, Arizona State Bar
• Member, Arizona State Bar, Tax Section
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.