•Preparing and implementing risk-based FCPA and global anti-corruption compliance programs for public and private companies doing business in the high-tech, life science, pharmaceutical, media/entertainment, and manufacturing sectors. This work has included investigating and analyzing risk, drafting appropriate policies, training materials, and contract language, and leading live (in-person or network-enabled) training programs.
•Pre- and post-acquisition FCPA and anti-corruption due diligence related to businesses in the fields of life sciences, manufacturing, and employment services. Anthony also has extensive experience in pre-engagement due diligence and post-engagement audits of service providers, sales agents, and other third party business partners for compliance with the FCPA, global anti-corruption laws, and clients’ internal policies.
•Internal audit and investigation of potential violations of clients’ internal policies, as well as the FCPA, FCA, anti-kickback laws, and other state and federal laws. Anthony has provided these services to clients such as defense contractors, telecommunications providers, retail pharmacies, manufacturers of consumer goods and infrastructure materials, and medical service providers.
•Defending telecommunications companies, government contractors, and medical service providers under investigation by state and federal government agencies for alleged violations of the FCPA, FCA, state and federal fraud and anti-kickback statutes, and other laws.
•Representing civil litigants through all stages of pre-trial litigation, i.e., fact development, discovery, and motion practice.
•Investigating and assisting to negotiate a non-litigious resolution to an intellectual property dispute between competing defense contractors.
•Southern California Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2014-2017
• False Claims Act Whistleblower Bounties Exceed $345 Million in Fiscal Year 2013, Government Contracts Law Blog, January 21, 2014
• Siemens Whistleblower Complaint Underscores Need for Top-Down Anti-Corruption Compliance, Government Contracts Law Blog, January 28, 2013
• DOJ and SEC Release New FCPA Resource Guide, Government Contracts Law Blog, December 17, 2012
• The Sisyphean Task Of Dodd-Frank Rulemaking, Government Contracts Blog, May 14, 2012
• In Ninth Circuit, Whistleblowers Not Exempt From Confidentiality Agreements, Government Contracts Blog, November 16, 2011
• Anti-Corruption Update: Change on the Horizon, Los Angeles Daily Journal, March 3, 2011
• Tracking Changes in FCPA, The Recorder, March 1, 2011
• 2010 FCPA Year In Review, Government Contracts Blog, February 22, 2011
• Amendments To New York State False Claims Act Encourage Qui Tam Actions, Government Contracts Blog, September 13, 2010
• Emerging FCPA Enforcement Strategy, Law360, February 16, 2010
• Arrests Signal New Era In Enforcement, Los Angeles Daily Journal, February 4, 2010
• The Pickering Paper Shield: The Erosion of Public School Teachers’ First Amendment Rights Jeopardizes the Quality of Public Education, 16 B.U. Pub. Int. L.J. 313, Spring 2007
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.