Michael H. Davis’s practice experience includes representing real estate funds, REITs, institutional and non-institutional real estate investors, developers, operators, and financial institutions in a broad range of matters including senior, mezzanine, construction, bridge and secondary market financings; commercial leasing, including ground leasing, retail, restaurant, industrial and office leasing; forming and representing joint ventures and negotiating joint venture agreements; acquisitions and dispositions of a variety of real estate asset classes including multifamily, office, retail, student housing, self-storage, industrial senior housing, hotels and resorts, timeshares and condominiums; and structuring and representing real estate private equity funds.
• Real estate finance
• Real estate private equity
• Acquisitions and dispositions
• Joint ventures
• Represented Kayne Anderson Real Estate Advisors in connection with acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, financing and development of student housing, seniors housing, self-storage and medical office portfolios and individual assets across the United States, including recapitalizations of two large medical office portfolios, a preferred equity investment in portfolio of student housing properties, and its $800 million acquisition of Sentio Healthcare Properties, a public REIT.
• Represented Fifth Third Bank in connection with term, construction and syndicated loans secured by real property along various asset types including hotel, retail, industrial and apartment projects across the United States.
• Represented Strategic Hotels and Resorts in connection with its $363 million acquisition of the Montage Hotel in Laguna Beach.
• Represent Mosaic Real Estate Investors, a debt fund, in connection with various construction and bridge financings across the United States, including loans for the development of industrial, timeshare, condominium, hotel and resort projects in Hawaii, South Carolina and California.
• Represented a family office in connection with a lease to a franchisee of a national restaurant chain.
• Represented a family office in connection with a lease of roughly 400,000 square feet of space to an industrial tenant.
• Represented a charter school developer in connection with the ground leasing, financing, and construction of a charter school in Los Angeles.
• Represented an individual client in connection with a roughly $100,000,000 acquisition of a pool of participation interests in mezzanine construction loans.
• Represented a large private equity joint venture in connection with a roughly $400,000,000 refinancing of a medical office portfolio.
Recognition & Leadership
Awards & Accolades
• Team Member, Chambers USA Award for Excellence, Real Estate, 2017-2018
• Team Member, a Law360 "Real Estate Practice Group of the Year," 2015
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.