Negin Yamini practices exclusively criminal defense in Orange and Los Angeles counties. Negin routinely defends the accused against all criminal charges including driving under the influence of drug and alcohol, domestic violence, child abuse and molestation, rape and sexual assault, robbery, and white-collar offenses. Amongst Negin's noteworthy accomplishments are a hung jury and subsequent dismissal of a hit and run charge against a Los Angeles County firefighter, a hung jury and subsequent dismissal of assault with a deadly weapon charges against a San Bernardino County nurse, a swift 15-minute jury acquittal on pimping and pandering and prostitution charges arising out of a Los Angeles County under-cover prostitution sting operation, dismissal of all transportation and sale charges against a member of a marijuana collective, and dismissal of all theft charges at preliminary hearing against a Los Angeles County employee. These victories-amongst Negin's extensive record of reduced-sentences, dismissals, and favorable dispositions in a range of matters-showcase Negin's tenacity, strategic and thorough mounting of a defense from the very inception of a case, and meticulous and aggressive lawyering.
Negin earned her undergraduate degree from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) where she graduated Summa Cum Laude, received the prestigious Phi Beta Kappa nomination, and won the American Dream Fellowship for her academic accomplishments and demonstrated commitment to leadership and public service. She obtained her law degree from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law where she won recognition as a "Tony Patino" fellow for academic excellence and commitment to social justice. At Hastings, Negin also won recognition by the Refugee and Human Rights Clinic for her direct and zealous representation of a Mongolian woman in her successful fight for political asylum in the United States.
Today, as a criminal defense attorney, Negin channels her passion for justice toward protecting the accused in all stages of a criminal case. No matter how damning the facts and how egregious the charges, Negin brings to every case a tenacity, creativity, and zealousness that, besides leading to favorable outcomes in a myriad of cases, have earned her the respect of judges and prosecutors.
Negin Yamini is an active member of the Inns of Court, an organization committed to the highest level of professionalism and ethics in the practice of criminal law. Negin is also is an active participant and member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the lead organization in the United States dedicated to ensuring justice and due process for the accused.
• Case #5MP00426
• charges: misdemeanor driving under the influence
• client was prosecuted for 5th time DUI and three probation violations. He was facing state prison. I pled him to the court and got the judge to give him the bare minimum incarceration time, despite what the DA was asking for.
D.A. (Van Nuys)
• Case #LA082105
• Charges: Felony Unlawful transportation and sale of marijuana
• Got charge reduced from felony to misdemeanor maintaining an unlawful place. Got probation and no jail for client.
• Case #5MP09251
• Charge: misdemeanor DUI
• Client was charged with two consecutive DUI's. I got both reduced to wet recklesses.
P.A. (San Fernando)
• Case #PA083255
• Charge: continuous sexual assault of a minor
• Client was facing 22 plus years of state prison for multiple counts of sexual assault. Litigated the case for 12 months and eventually convinced DA to give him only 8 years with credit for time served.
M.B. (San Fernando)
• Case #PA083029
• Charges: felony possession of a loaded firearm and felon in possession of firearm
• Client was facing 3 years of state prison. I settled the case for probation.
G.B. (Van Nuys)
• Case #LA076884
• Charges: felony sale possession of a controlled substance.
• Got charge reduced to misdemeanor possession which client later expunged.
• Case #BQ043268
• Charges: Client's ex-wife filed a restraining order against him.
• Case proceeded to bench trial. Judge dismissed the TRO in favor of my client.
• Case #TA126899
• Possession of a controlled substance for sale with gun allegations
• Prosecution wanted 16 months of state prison. I got client house arrest and probation.
B.C. (Rancho Cucamonga)
• Case #FWV1300181
• Felony pimping and pandering
• Got charge reduced to maintaining an unlawful business, which protected client from getting deported. In addition, got client probation and NO JAIL. Prosecution initially wanted 3 years of state prision.
J.C. (Van Nuys)
• Case #5PY03286
• Felony possession of a controlled substance
• Case was dismissed after 12 months upon successful completion of terms and conditions
S.C. (East Los Angeles)
• Case #CA18106
• Unlawful cultivation of marijuana
• Case dismissed after successful terms and conditions of plea agreement.
W.C. (Van Nuys)
• Case #3PY9003
• Criminal threat
• Got charged reduced to a disturbing the peace. Got client just probation, community service, and no jail.
• Case #BA424664
• Felony vandalism
• Got charge reduced to a misdemeanor vandalism. Got client probation, community service, and no jail
• Case #SA086337
• Felony grand theft with 4 prison priors.
• Client was facing 5 plus years of prison time. I got her probation and NO JAIL.
• Case #4CA05916
• Annoying and molesting a child
• Pled client to a lesser charge of lewd or dissolute conduct in public which saved him from having to register as a sex offender. Got him probation and No jail.
• Case #BA407008
• Client was convicted of robbery at jury trial. I filed a sentencing memorandum and convinced the judge to give him probation and NO JAIL
P.D. (Long Beach)
• Case #3LG02284
• client was charged with 32 counts of lewd act on a minor
• I got all 32 counts dismissed and got client to pled to one count of misdemeanor assault. He got probation, community service, and NO JAIL
• Case #4PS20027
• client was charged with felony assault with a deadly weapon
• got charged reduced to simple misdemeanor battery. Client got probation and NO JAIL
B.D. (2014) (Long Beach)
• Case #NA099427
• Client charged with attempted murder of a peace officer and assault on a peace officer.
• Got attempted murder charge dismissed. Client pled to assault and got 8 years compared to life imprisonment which he would have faced had he been convicted of the attempted murder charge.
• Case #BA392815
• Client charged with 14 counts of credit and debit card fraud
• All charges dismissed at preliminary hearing
• Case #SA084030
• Client charged with possession of marijuana for sale
• Got case dismissed
• Case #4MP11050
• Client charged with driving under the influence of marijuana
• Case dismissed
O.G. (San Fernando)
• Case #PA073434
• Client charged with DUI and drunk in public
• Got both charges dismissed. Client pled to alternative reduced charge of possession of open container in public. Probation and no jail
• Case #BA435986
• Client charged with carrying a loaded firearm and felony in possession of firearm
• Got both charges dismissed
G.H. (Van Nuys)
• Case #LA081359
• Client charged with attempted murder
• Got attempted murder charge dismissed and got client to plead to one count of assault. Client got Probation, house arrest, and NO JAIL
• Case #3WA02123
• Client charged with grand theft
• Got charge reduced to trespass. Client got probation and NO JAIL
• Case #2BR00337
• client charged with possession of marijuana
• Got charge dismissed
• Case #KA101432
• Client charged with multiple counts of sexual assault on a child
• DA's offer was 22 years. I got him 6 years with credit for time served.
S.I. (Santa Clarita)
• Case #BA39281501
• Client charged with hit and run and DUI
• Took case to trial. Got a hung jury (7 not guilty). Case dismissed by judge.