Prior to joining the firm, Tiffany has been working as an attorney in Malaysia for 8 years in corporate and commercial areas. She has been involved in corporate advisory work and a variety of transactions ranging from mergers and acquisitions, establishing exchange traded and private equity funds, and acquisitions of real property. Since joining the firm, her focus has shifted to taxation of trusts and estates, and investment and estate planning. Her prior and current experiences have enabled her to conceive and develop tax programs and structures which are as commercially viable as they are efficient.
- Advise clients on various business transactions ranging from the acquisition of a winery business in Washington State, to investment in a beverage business in California.
- Advise clients on creation of entities and structures through which to own and manage investment portfolios and assets in the US and abroad.
- Advise clients on their personal estate planning from creating living trusts and pour-over wills to transferring of real and personal assets into the trust while avoiding basis change.
- Advise clients on tax implications of sundry transactions including inbound or outbound investments, as well as unforeseen events such as restitution of foreign seized assets or the accidental discovery that a nonresident alien had become a tax resident of the US.
- Assist clients in becoming tax compliant following inadvertent failure to file prescribed forms for notice of foreign bank accounts or business assets, or receipt of a foreign gift or inheritance, by preparing Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program applications.
- Assist clients in forming non-profit entities and in obtaining tax exempt status from both Federal and State fiscal authorities.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of California – International Tax Section- Beverly Hills Bar Association – Executive Committee, Taxation Section