Cathy’s practice focuses on Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 bankruptcy, as well as commercial litigation and business workouts. She is experienced in representing both debtors and creditors, including creditors' committees, trustees, banks, equipment lessors, landlords, and secured and unsecured creditors. In addition, she is experienced in insurance company liquidation matters.
Ms. Pike has served as a Panel Trustee for the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Kentucky and formerly taught Bankruptcy as an adjunct professor at the University of Louisville. She is also a frequent lecturer and has presented numerous seminars for both the University of Kentucky and the University of Louisville, as well as for professional organizations such as the Kentucky Society of CPAs and various credit management groups. Ms. Pike has served on the University of Louisville Brandeis Law School Executive Committee (President, 2003). She has also served on the University of Louisville Alumni Association Executive Committee. In addition, she is involved in numerous community organizations.
• Sigma Delta Kappa • Adjunct Professor, Bankruptcy, University of Louisville, 1989, 1990
• Member, U.S. Bankruptcy Chapter 7 Panel of Trustees, 1990—
• Former Member, National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
• Former President, Brandeis Law School Executive Council
• Member, Executive Council, University of Louisville Alumni Association
• AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
• Top Lawyer, Louisville Magazine, in the areas of bankruptcy and business law, 2008, and in the areas of business law, business litigation and creditors rights, 2009