Our services include the following:
* Protecting intellectual property
· Trade secrets
· Unfair competition
· Emerging forms of protection, including Internet domain names
* Assisting companies implementing computer and Internet-related technologies
· Legal issues in the deployment of electronic commerce technologies
· Patenting software and methods of doing business
* Negotiating and consummating technology-related business transactions
· Licenses, assignments and joint research projects
· Ownership of technology by employees and independent contractors
· Licensing of multimedia and online publication rights
* Performing intellectual property audits for management, investors and buyers
* Facilitating resolution of technology and business disputes
* Counseling and litigation on antitrust and regulatory issues
Our clients include developers and providers of computer and information technology, including content and applications for the Internet, companies involved in electronic commerce and in bioinformatics, companies developing new products in the biotechnology and chemical industries, and other domestic and foreign businesses and individuals that we assist in intellectual property protection, contract negotiation and dispute resolution. Often we collaborate with a client's general counsel, whether in-house or in a law firm, to add to the team our unique expertise and experienced judgment. In other instances we work with patent counsel of a foreign company to provide representation before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
A fundamental value is the importance of frequent and direct communication between the client and our firm. Our attorneys play an integral role in the development of our clients' projects, providing ongoing legal support and advice. To facilitate the timely preparation of documents and correspondence, we use computers, and we were one of the first law firms to communicate with clients by electronic mail. We have implemented Internet technology for videoconferencing with clients to enhance communication regardless of distance.
Specific Areas of Practice for our Media office:
5.0/5.0 Review for Gerry J. Elman on 10/10/17 in Technology and Science.
I have been the lucky beneficiary of Gerry Elman's sound advice, amazing listening skills, and vast knowledge of technology and the law. With his sincere attentiveness and deep experience with many areas of technology, Gerry adds several dimensions o... Read more
I have been the lucky beneficiary of Gerry Elman's sound advice, amazing listening skills, and vast knowledge of technology and the law. With his sincere attentiveness and deep experience with many areas of technology, Gerry adds several dimensions of expertise beyond the law. Read lessRead less
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.