- Suffered a Medical Malpractice...Ask Yourself These Questions
- June 17, 2009
- Law Firm: The Nathanson Law Firm - Office
- Medical malpractice cases arise when a medical patient has been injured through the improper action (or inaction) of a medical healthcare professional or medical facility.Licensed medical professionals not only include doctors and surgeons but also chiropractors, nurses, therapists, and psychologists.
Ask yourself these questions to determine whether you have a potential medical malpractice claim:
If your answers to these questions give you doubt as to the proper care given by a medical professional and lead you to believe you are the victim of a medical mistake or error or have suffered significant injuries and damages as a result thereof, please contact The Nathanson Law Firm. We will review your case and offer you a recommended course of action. In Chicago call us at 312-782-3322. In Phoenix call us at 480-419-2578. You may also contact us by email. A qualified attorney from the firm will then decide whether there is a basis for a medical malpractice claim and, if so, whether it is realistic for you to pursue your claim.
- Have I or has a member of my family suffered a severe or permanent injury while under the care of a doctor, surgeon, hospital or other health care provider?
- Do I or did a member of my family expect my injury to be more severe or devastating than was expected from the original diagnosis or trauma.
- Has it become aware to me through another doctor or health care provider that the treatment received was improper, or that the outcome was strange?
- Do I have strong doubts about the ability and skill of a doctor or other medical provider and the correctness of the care received?
- Has my medical condition been kept hush-hush?
- Has my insurance company questioned the specific procedures, tests or diagnoses used by my doctor?
- Do I have concerns that a medical treatment may have seriously affected my health?
- Was I injured because of improperly functioning medical equipment or unsanitary conditions?
- Did my doctor fail to send me to a specialist when required?
- Was I injured by a prescription drug or the failure of my doctor to properly prescribe and administer my medications?
- Are there any other reasons which cause me to believe that medical errors were committed?
ILLINOIS - Chicago 120 N. LaSalle Street -Suite 1000
Chicago, Illinois 60602ARIZONA - Phoenix 8765 E. Bell Road - Suite 110
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260