David Garcia-Pedrosa focuses his practice on real estate litigation, real estate development, and contract disputes relating to construction. He represents owners and developers of residential, commercial, and mixed-use real estate development projects in both transactional and litigation capacities. David has experience in a wide-range of litigation matters at the trial and appellate level in state and federal court. He has represented clients in complex and high-risk commercial litigation, multidistrict product liability litigation, and consumer class actions.
• Represents developers of condominiums, market rate rental projects, and multi-use development projects.
• Defended significant real estate interests for prominent real estate developers in Florida.°
• Represented plaintiffs and defendants in nation-wide class action products liability matters.°
• Defended a charitable foundation against a campaign of complex probate and civil litigation, resulting in a $100 million settlement for the foundation.°
• Represented plaintiffs in an international dispute against a foreign sovereign government, which reversed summary judgment order for heirs of a Holocaust survivor to recover a famous Camille Pissarro painting expropriated by the Nazis.°
• Defended a multibillion-dollar website in civil claims against it and its investors.°
• Consulted clients on the business and investment opportunities in Cuba with particular regard to the effect of the U.S. embargo on Cuba, the Cuban Assets Control Regulations, and various executive orders.°
• Consulted the National Women’s Law Center in its ground-breaking project assisting workplace sexual harassment.°
• Represented plaintiffs in a multidistrict litigation against a major automobile manufacturer in federal court.°
°The above representations were handled by Mr. Garcia-Pedrosa prior to his joining Greenberg Traurig, P.A.
• Princeton University Fellow: Princeton-in-Asia, 2010-2012
o Professor of International Affairs at China Foreign Affairs University, 2011-2012
o English Language Lecturer at Universiti Sains Malaysia, 2010-2011
• Judicial Intern, Hon. Jose E. Martinez, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 2013
Recognition & Leadership
Professional & Community Involvement
• Member, Federal Bar Association, 2018-Present
• Member, Florida Association for Women Lawyers, 2016-Present
• Member, State of Florida Bar, 2015-Present
• Member, Dade County Bar Association, 2015-Present
• Member, Cuban American Bar Association, 2015-Present
Dade County Bar Association; Federal Bar Association; State of Florida Bar; Florida Association for Women Lawyers; Cuban American Bar Association.