- 4.9/5.0 (30 reviews)
Highly experienced and recognized by the legal community for his skill and integrity, Morgan B. Edelboim focuses his practice primarily on bankruptcy and commercial litigation. He has the highest possible AV Preeminent® Rating by Martindale-Hubbell® and a 10.0 Avvo rating, an indication of his legal ability and high ethical standards. Only about 10% of all attorneys in the U.S. hold this distinction. He was also named to the 2017 Florida Rising Stars list, an achievement shared by less than 2.5% of attorneys in the state. Mr. Edelboim is also a member of the board of directors for the Bankruptcy Bar Association for the Southern District of Florida.
Mr. Edelboim is experienced in handling all aspects of bankruptcy proceedings, as well as bankruptcy avoidance, workouts, and creditors’ rights. He has extensive experience representing both individual debtors and corporate debtors in all types of bankruptcy matters.
What makes Mr. Edelboim’s experience unique is that he has substantial experience representing all sides in bankruptcy matters, including debtors, trustees, liquidating trustees, creditors, secured creditors, official creditor committees, ad hoc committees, and asset purchasers in bankruptcy cases involving a number of industries. These include: aviation, commodities, construction, entertainment, financial services, nutrition, recycling, real estate, and retail.
Mr. Edelboim has substantial bankruptcy litigation experience prosecuting and defending numerous adversary and contested proceedings in bankruptcy court involving preferential transfers, fraudulent transfers, objections to discharge and dischargeability, and objections to exemptions.
Mr. Edelboim also has significant experience representing individuals and businesses in workouts with banking and financial institutions, finance companies, equipment lessors, and landlords. He regularly represents assignees in assignment for the benefit of creditors’ cases and receivers in federal and state court. He also represents clients in civil disputes in state court, federal court, and in arbitrations. He has experience representing clients in disputes involving contracts, fraud, fiduciary duty, foreclosures, post-judgment enforcement, real estate, shareholders/partnerships, collection matters, and more.
This breadth of experience gives Mr. Edelboim a distinct advantage in asserting his clients’ interests in bankruptcy proceedings and commercial litigation. He is committed to the full protection of his clients’ rights and will make every effort to secure the best possible result for every individual or business he represents.
• Restructuring counsel to wholesale sugar supplier Banah International Group, Inc. in Chapter 11 case;
• Restructuring counsel to Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in Pharma Science Nutrients, Inc.;
• Restructuring counsel to Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in Ecological Paper Recycling, Inc. case;
• Restructuring counsel to owner of a condominium project in Chapter 11 case;
• Restructuring counsel to owner of residential apartment complex in Chapter 11 case;
• Restructuring counsel to telecommunications company in Chapter 11 case;
• Counsel to Chapter 11 Plan Trustee in liquidation of retail stores;
• Counsel to aircraft owner and lessor in Sky King, Inc. Chapter 11 case;
• Represented plan administrator prosecuting director and officer claims in E-Brands Restaurants, LLC in Chapter 11 case;
• Represented secured creditors in Casa Casuarina LLC (Versace Mansion) Chapter 11 case; and
• Represented a partner of high-profile law firm in partnership dispute in an arbitration proceeding.
• Village Condominium Ass’n v. Association Financial Services, L.C., 151 So.3d 1259 (Fla. 3d DCA 2014)
• In re Tiles & Stones, Inc., 2011 WL 1048617 (Bankr. S.D. Fla. Mar. 18, 2011)
• Yarns America, Inc. v. JAB Textiles, Inc. 78 So.3d 550 (Fla. 4th DCA 2012)
Partner, Bast Amron LLP
Associate, Akerman Senterfitt
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
• 10.0 Rating on Avvo
• Florida Trend, Legal Elite Up and Comer 2012, 2013 & 2018
• Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s 40 Under 40 Outstanding Lawyers of South Florida nomination, 2017
• Florida Rising Stars, Bankruptcy: Business, 2016-2017
• AV Preeminent® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell®
• Pro Bono Service Award, Eleventh Judicial Circuit and Dade County Bar Association, October 6, 2010
PUBLICATIONS & SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
• Speaker, Ethics Regarding Trust Accounts, Florida Lawyers Network, Aventura, September 2017
• Co-Author, “When to Assert ’In Pari Delicto’: Affirmative Defense or Motion to Dismiss?” – ABI Committee Newsletter, Commercial Fraud Vol. 9, No. 6 / December 2012
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
• Member, American Bar Association
• Director, Bankruptcy Bar Association of the Southern District of Florida
• Co-Chair, Miami Social Committee, Bankruptcy Bar Association Southern District of Florida
• Member, Dade County Bar Association
• Participant, “Put Something Back” Pro Bono Project of the Dade County Bar Association
• Member, Business Network International, Biscayne Connection
• Member, Florida Lawyers Network, Aventura Chapter
• Board Member, Beth Torah Benny Rok• Executive Committee Member, Beth Torah Benny Rok
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.