Reginald Sainvil is a member of the firm’s Restructuring & Bankruptcy Practice. He represents corporate debtors, indenture trustees, financial institutions, and secured and unsecured creditors in bankruptcy cases and non-judicial restructurings. Reginald has broad advisory and litigation experience with complex issues that arise in reorganizations, restructurings, receiverships, workouts, liquidations, and distressed acquisitions and sales, in both domestic and cross-border situations and proceedings.
Reginald has defended creditors in bankruptcy-related contested matters and adversary proceedings, including preference and fraudulent transfer litigation and stay violation proceedings. He also handles complex commercial litigation issues arising from a variety of business disputes, advises parties to financial contracts with regard to safe harbor protections under the Bankruptcy Code, and counsels multiple constituencies in all aspects of matters involving financial distress.
• Creditor/debtor rights
• Banking and financial services
• Certified Legal Intern, Elder Law Clinic, University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 2014
• Certified Legal Intern, Environmental Law Clinic, University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 2014
• Judicial Intern, Hon. Arthur J. Schwab, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, 2013
• Legal Intern, FedEx Ground, 2013
Recognition & Leadership
Awards & Accolades
• Participant, Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) Pathfinder Program, 2018
Professional & Community Involvement
• Member, American Bar Association
• Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
• Member, Turnaround Management Association
• Member, Bankruptcy Bar Association of the Southern District of Florida
• Member, Haitian Lawyers Association
• Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
American Bar Association; Bankruptcy Bar Association of the Southern District of Florida; Haitian Lawyers Association; Allegheny County Bar Association.