Mr. Dale was born in Great Falls, Montana. Both of his maternal and paternal grandparents were homesteaders in North Central Montana. Lon and Pam currently own his paternal grandparents original homestead in Teton County near Choteau.
During law school Mr. Dale was employed as a U.S. Forest Service smokejumper during the summers, and has also served as a corporate director for the National Smokejumper Association.
His wife, Pam Dale, is retired after a thirty year career as a high school teacher. They have two sons, Kyle and Blane. Kyle is a board certified radiologist currently practicing interventional radiology in Missoula. Kyle and his wife Liz, a registered pharmacist, have blessed Pam and Lon with two grandchildren, Jack and Charlotte. Blane is a civil engineer employed with a Missoula environmental firm.
Mr. Dale's recreational pursuits include big game hunting, upland bird hunting, water fowl hunting, bird dog training, and fishing. He holds life memberships in the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Trout Unlimited, National Smokejumper Association, and the National Rifle Association. He is also a regular member of the Wild Turkey Federation, Foundation for North American Wild Sheep, Pheasants Forever, Montana Wildlife Federation, and Ducks Unlimited.
- Gonzales et al v. Montana Power Company, 2010 MT 117 Certified Class Action for manipulating and mishandling Workers Compensation claims.
- Dukes v. City of Missoula, 2003 MT 152 -- Preemption precluded for OSHA violations.
- Oliver v. Stimson, 1999 MT 328 -- Established spoliation as separate remedy.
- Hunt v. K-Mart Corporation, 1999 Mont. 125 -- Largest plaintiff's verdict in Ravalli County.
- Larson v. Squire Shops, Inc., 228 Mont. 377, 742 P.2d 1003 (1987) -- Leading case for workers compensation domiciliary care.
- Britton v. Farmers Insurance Group (Truck Insurance Exchange), 221 Mont. 67, 721 P.2d 303 (1986) -- Leading case on bad faith.
- Workman v. McIntyre Construction, et. al., 190 Mont. 5, 617 P.2d 1281 (1980) -- Changed Montana's case law on demonstrative evidence.
Awards and Recognitions
- AV Peer Review Rated
- Member by Invitation - American Board of Trial Advocates Montana Chapter
- Mountain States Super Lawyers Listing for General Litigation, 2007 through 2011
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Western Montana Bar Association
- American Bar Association - Section on Tort and Insurance Practice
- State Bar of Montana
- Defense Research Institute
- American Association for Justice
- Montana Trial Lawyers Association
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice
- The National Trial Lawyers - Top 100
- Rotary International
- Former deputy county attorney
- President of Hellgate Civilian Shooters Association
- Member and past senior warden of vestry of Holy Spirit Episcopal Church
- Former director Five Valleys Crimestoppers
- Former president of the Western Montana Bar Association
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.