- 5.0/5.0 (1)
Types of damages you may be able to recover are: loss of income, medical expenses, physical pain and suffering, mental anguish, emotional distress, disability, loss of opportunity, loss of enjoyment of life, and disfigurement. In some brain injury and other serious physical injury cases, we often develop what is known as a life-care plan. A life-care plan provides a jury or an insurance adjuster with a detailed list of all items of care needed by the injured person for the rest of their life, and includes the cost of that care for life. These plans are developed by vocational, medical and other experts, and they provide a standard to be used in determining the proper amount of damages.
A personal injury lawyer who gets results
Our firm is committed to representing you with integrity and follow-through. We get the facts and evaluate your case quickly, and we aggressively pursue a settlement in your case at the earliest possible time. We realize that you need money to live on, to care for your family, and to pay your medical bills and other costs. Even though all cases take time to properly prepare, we are sensitive to your needs and we work hard to resolve your case for the right amount of money at the earliest possible time.
An Alabama injury attorney with experience in the following cases
Our firm is focused on personal injury law in the Montgomery area and across Alabama. We handle a variety of accident cases, including:
- Products liability issues - Everyday items in your house, your car, at work, and even your food can be the source of a significant injury if they are defectively designed or made.
- Industrial accidents - Accidents that happen in the workplace, especially at an industrial site, can result in death or severe long-term problems that require expensive treatment. These are generally complex cases and they must be handled with care.
- Wrongful death cases - If you have lost a loved one in an accident, we will honor their memory by fighting for their rights and seeking damages for their family. In Alabama punitive damages are available to the families of the deceased, and we go after those damages vigorously.
- Traumatic brain injuries - Medical science is just beginning to understand how even minor concussions can have major long-term consequences. If you or a loved one have suffered a brain injury, special medical and neuropsychological experts often should be employed to evaluate long-term needs. Those experts are available to us, and we use them to prepare life-care plans for those with serious brain injury.
- Car accidents -- Car accidents are one of the leading causes of death and injury among Americans, and even a minor incident can leave you unable to work and without other options. Automobile drivers must follow the rules of the road, and we make sure those rules are enforced to get meaningful damages for you.
- Truck accidents -- The increased impact of a big truck accident can leave you with severe broken bones, brain injury, and back, neck or muscle injuries. Big trucks are required to follow federal and state regulations, and they often fail to do so, which leads to catastrophic injuries and death. We have trucking experts available to us for proving these cases.
- Motorcycle accidents - Motorcyclists are passionate about riding, and this passion, along with allegations of the motorcyclist's fault, is often used against them by insurance companies. However, a motorcyclist has the right to use the roads, and we defend this right in arguing for compensation to the injured rider.
Because there are many different areas of personal injury and wrongful death law, you should have a lawyer who has experience litigating a variety of matters in the courtroom and can guide you through all of the obstacles to a successful conclusion. Chip Nix has 40 years of experience conducting personal injury and wrongful death litigation and has handled all of the variety of cases listed above.
Specific Areas of Practice for our Montgomery office: