Ms. LaVan concentrates her practice in the representation of small-to-medium-sized businesses and corporations across a wide range of industries, including corporate and commercial real estate, environmental, banking and health care, labor and employment, and business litigation.
She represents businesses, corporations and shareholders in a wide variety of transactions, including:
- Advising business owners through the formation, development, and growth of their businesses
- Buying, selling, and investing in businesses
- Preparing shareholders’ agreements, partnership agreements, and other documents
- Resolving shareholder disputes
- Protecting business goodwill through non-compete and employment agreements
- State and federal environmental claims involving the Clean Water Act, the Clean Air Act, ISRA,
Brownsfields, and Wetlands.
In addition to the transactional services Ms. LaVan provides to her clients, she also engages in a commercial litigation practice in which she represents business owners and employers in the defense of business disputes and employment claims.
Bringing her legal acumen to bear on behalf of her clients, Ms. LaVan also leverages her deep corporate experience as a former General Counsel and corporate shareholder to assist clients avoid and navigate through business problems. She earns the “trusted advisor” role from her clients by taking the long view approach to solving issues which can potentially derail their enterprises.
Ms. LaVan publishes and speaks frequently for professional groups on a variety of business, employment, and environmental topics.