Louisiana Pacific Wood Siding Class Action
In the 1990s, compressed particle board exterior siding sold by Louisiana Pacific was found to be defective in humid climates due to production and design flaws. When exposed to moisture, the wood would prematurely rot. Rowell was a member of the Plaintiff Steering Committee. In total, 37,000 claims were settled for almost $1 billion.
Wells Fargo/Wachovia “Pick a Payment” Class Action
Wachovia offered customers a program in which they could pick the amount of their mortgage payment, but did not disclose the ramifications of the customer’s choice. In some instances, selecting a particular payment would cause the consumer’s principal to rise. The case settled in 2011 for $50 million.
Foreign Legal Consultant
Rowell is assisting six provinces in Canadian Tobacco Healthcare Cost Recovery Litigation. He serves as a foreign legal consultant for British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Saskatchewan.
Areas of Practice
• Class Actions
• General Litigation
• Healthcare Fraud
• Medical Devices
• Nursing Home Abuse/Neglect
• Pharmaceutical Drugs
• Predatory Lending
• Products Liability
• 1973, South Carolina
• U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina
• University of South Carolina, J.D., 1973
• University of South Carolina, B.A., cum laude, 1970
• American Bar Association
• Best Lawyers in America
• Martindale-Hubbell Rated: AV
• South Carolina Association for Justice (Past President)
• South Carolina Bar
• The American Association for Justice
• U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, Judicial Conference, Member Emeritus
• University of South Carolina Law Review, Member
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.