- ODNR Implements Guidelines for Unitization Applications
- June 21, 2013 | Author: Benjamin J. Bolinger
- Law Firm: Babst Calland - Pittsburgh Office
The Ohio Department of Natural Resources has published guidelines for the unitization application process. The guidelines clarify the application process that is required before the division chief of ODNR’s Oil and Gas Resources Management can make a ruling on unitization applications. Of note, applicants are required to submit the following:
- An affidavit providing a detailed account of all attempts to lease the unleased properties,
- A copy of a joint operating agreement for working interest partners (if applicable),
- Properly scaled maps and aerial photographs of the proposed unit area, and;
- Large exhibits for use at the hearing on the application.
The new guidelines are intended to clarify and expedite the process due to the large increase in the number of unitization applications.