Daniel Sabol is one of Ohio’s most recognized and skilled criminal defense attorneys. His talent has been acknowledged by many Ohio and National organizations, including America’s Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers, and various Columbus affiliates. Dan is a regular speaker at seminars across the Country. In fact, his expertise is often sought by other defense attorneys, prosecutors, judges, and even officers.
Dan’s experience and training are unmatched by any attorney in Ohio. In 2017, he became the first private attorney to be accepted into the National Forensics College, which covered a wide array of advanced tactics including DNA, digital forensics, ballistics, and false confessions. Dan has spent weeks in laboratories learning how to test solid drugs and bodily substances, which has enabled him to know and understand when the state’s experts make mistakes. Dan is also qualified as an instructor in standardized field sobriety testing, and typically has as much—or more—training and understanding than the officers he’s questioning.
Dan’s true passion lies in trial practice. He is one of only 14 attorneys in Ohio to be board certified in criminal trial law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. Dan has earned a reputation as a savvy and aggressive trial attorney, and he brings passion and enthusiasm to every case he tries.
- Best Lawyers in America
- Best Lawyers in America—2018 Top DUI Lawyer for Columbus, OH
- Super Lawyers
- National Board of Trial Advocacy—Board Certified in Criminal Trial Law
- AVVO Rating of 10/10
- Columbus CEO—Top Lawyers
- Columbus Business First—Top Lawyers
- 2017 NACDL/Cardozo Law National Forensic College
- Axion Labs Forensic DUID Course
- Axion Labs Forensic Drug Analysis
- Axion Labs Forensic Chromatography Theory and Practice
- NHTSA Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement (ARIDE)
- NHTSA SFST Instructor Course
- NHTSA SFST Student Course
- National Patent BAC Datamaster, K, DMT and Basic Science of Evidential Breath Alcohol Testing Operation and Diagnostic Verification Modeled After the BAC Datamaster Supervisor Course
- Gas Chromatography and Basic Principles of Metrology
Outside Of Court:Above all, Dan enjoys spending time with his wife, step daughter, and his twin boys. Originally from Solon, OH, Dan enjoys following Cleveland sports (as futile as it may be) and cheering for tOSU wrestling. He relishes any opportunity for friendly competition, of any kind, with friends or family.
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.