Mr. Stolier is a founding member of the law firm of Sullivan Stolier Schulze & Grubb LLC, a firm focused on supporting the regulatory, business development and dispute resolution needs of healthcare providers. The firm provides a broad range of legal services to healthcare providers including, but not limited to, services involving reimbursement under the federal Medicare and federal/state Medicaid programs, private insurance plans, fraud and abuse and other regulatory advice, federal and state administrative and judicial advocacy, medical staff and credentialing issues and related health care matters.
Prior to starting Sullivan Stolier Schulze & Grubb LLC, Mr. Stolier provided legal services to maritime clients, was the Legal Director Food Research and Action Center in Washington D.C., a federally funded public interest law firm working extensively in the federally funded food programs. He also worked for the United State Department of Health and Human Services, Office of General Counsel. After graduating law school supervised 25-35 lawyers as the Legal Director for the New Orleans Legal Assistance Corporation.
Since the 2005 Hurricane’s Katrina and Rita, he has assisted several healthcare clients in their recovery initiatives. Mr. Stolier assisted a political subdivision hospital in southwest Louisiana when the hospital was destroyed by Hurricane Rita. Representation in this matter involved procuring and securing $25 million in federal and state funding for the construction of a new replacement state-of-the-art facility with replacement of equipment, contents and supplies. In connection with the representations the firm was intimately involved in the procurement process required under the applicable federal funding mechanism and in managing the FEMA project worksheet (PW) process. Additional disaster recovery projects in connection with two additional replacement facilities, one in St. Bernard Parish, and one in New Orleans East. Mr. Stolier has worked on complex procurement policies in connection with CDBG funding, coordination of a team of New Market Tax Credit (NMTC) consultants, HUD 242 financing along with funding and capital outlay process.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
• Moderator, Louisiana Health Care Quality Form Adopting an Electronic Health Record, EHR financing opportunities
• Speaker, Rural Hospital Coalition’s Annual Conference
• Speaker, Louisiana Society of Hospital Attorneys Symposium
• Speaker, Annual Rural Health Conference
• Speaker, Annual Conference of Louisiana Hospital Association (LHA) and Louisiana Health Association
• Speaker, Annual Health Law Symposium
• Speaker, Healthcare Conference in Baton Rouge, LA sponsored by Louisiana Department of Insurance
• Speaker, HMLA Conference in Bossier City sponsored by Healthcare Financial Management Association
• Speaker, HFMA Summer Institute in Alexandria, LA sponsored by the Louisiana Chapter of Healthcare Financial Management Association
Professional Associations, Honors and Activities
• Louisiana Bar Association
• American Health Lawyers Association
• Louisiana Health Lawyers Association
• Louisiana Hospital Association
• City Business Leadership in Law
• Martindale AV Preeminent rated• 2015 Chambers USA
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.