Peter brings nearly 25 years of litigation experience to his practice, focusing on general liability defense and insurance coverage. He has fought aggressively and successfully for clients in dozens of jury trials, bench trials, and arbitrations.
Peter applies his knowledge and perspective as a litigator to all his work on behalf of clients. He believes that only through trial experience can a litigator truly understand and appreciate the value of cases and provide accurate risk assessment. Based on his trial work, Peter effectively advises clients on whether matters should be tried or settled, leading to cost-effective defense strategies with optimal outcomes. His clients entrust him to defend their cases throughout Louisiana in both state and federal courts.
Prior to founding Wanek Kirsch Davies, Peter spent 20 years as a partner at a New Orleans defense firm, where he led the construction practice, as well as defended clients in a wide range of industries. A seasoned and skilled litigator, Peter tried his first case just one month after being sworn into the Louisiana Bar in 1994.
Peter serves on the Board of Directors of the Federal Bar Association, New Orleans Chapter, where he is also editor of The Advocate, its quarterly newsletter. In addition, he serves as a board member and officer for The Blood Center of Louisiana, a non-profit community service organization.
• Shonda Brennan v. United Services Automobile Assn/USAA CIC (24th JDC, Judge Stephen Grefer, Oct. 2017)
• Larry Mitchell et al v. ACE Hardware Corp, USDC (Eastern District of LA, Hon. Mary Ann Lemmon, May 22-24, 2017)
• Jessica Faust v. United Services Automobile Association (34th Judicial District Court/St. Bernard parish, Judge Jeanne Juneau, April 2017)
• Gettys v. Joaquim Wong, MD, LSUHSC & Children’s Hospital (Civil District Court in New Orleans, Louisiana, Dec. 3, 2015)
• John and Casie Dekerlegand v. John Arton d/b/a/ Chick-fil- A, et al (15th Judicial District Court, Lafayette Parish, Nov. 2013)
• Ella Crosby v. Cajun Operating Co./Church’s Chicken (USDC, Eastern District of LA, Aug. 2013)
• Loconte Partners, LLC v. Montgomery & Associates and Landmark American Ins. Co. (St. Bernard parish, Oct. 2011)
• USAA obtains Zero Judgment on alleged vehicle theft claim (24th Judicial District Court for Jefferson Parish, April 2010)
• One River Place Condominium Association, Inc. v. Axis Surplus Ins. Co. (Federal court in New Orleans, June 2009)
• Defense Research Institute (DRI)
• Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel (FDCC)
• Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel (LADC)
• National Retail and Restaurant Defense Association (NRRDA)
• Former Co-Chair, US Law Network, Construction Practice Group, Spring Conference
• Board of Directors, Federal Bar Association, New Orleans Chapter
• Louisiana State Bar Association• Texas State Bar Association
Louisiana (1994), Texas (1995).
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.