Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Esman was an extern at the Internal Revenue Service’s Office of Chief Counsel, where he argued on behalf of the IRS in Tax Court and prepared pretrial memoranda, answers, and stipulations of fact. Mr. Esman’s corporate experience includes a clerkship with Porsche Cars North America, Inc. and he was also a Summer Associate and extern at the American Cancer Society, Inc.
During law school, Mr. Esman was named to the Order of Barristers, a national honor society promoting excellence in oral advocacy and brief writing. In addition to being Executive Managing Editor of the Emory Corporate Governance and Accountability Review, he was also Director of Standards for and on the Executive Board of the Emory Moot Court Society, as well as Vice President of the Tax Society.
Awards & Rankings
•Super Lawyers, New York Rising Star, 2018
•7 Caplin & Drysdale Attorneys Contribute to ABA's Annual Section of Taxation Fall Meeting, Caplin & Drysdale, October 2, 2018
•New York Super Lawyers Lists Tax Attorneys Mark Allison and Aaron Esman for 2018, Super Lawyers , September 14, 2018
Recent Speaking Engagements
•Moderator, Ethical Issues Regarding the Partnership Representative, American Bar Association, 2018 Fall Tax Meeting, October 5, 2018
• Year-End Updates on Partnership Representatives, with Charles M. Ruchelman and Rachel L. Partain, Caplin & Drysdale Client Alert, November 6, 2018
• INSIGHT: People, Places, and Things: Final Regulations on the Eligibility, Designation, Revocation, and Authority of Partnership Representatives, with Rachel L. Partain, Bloomberg Tax: Daily Tax Report, September 11, 2018
• Paradise Papers: U.S. Citizens and Residents Required to Report on Offshore Assets, with Mark D. Allison, J. Clark Armitage, Peter A. Barnes, and Arielle M. Borsos, Caplin & Drysdale Client Alert, November 6, 2017
• The New Partnership Audit Regime: What We Know, What We Do Not and What Is Next, with Rachel L. Partain, Tax Management Memorandum, Bloomberg BNA, January 23, 2017
• Weighing Fiduciary Duties with 21st Century Realities - Evaluating the Viability of Remote Participation for Boards of Directors, 1 Emory Corp. Governance & Accountability Rev. 43, January 1, 2014
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.