The firm, founded in 1936 by Earl W. Griffin and Dwight L. Murray, was originally named Griffin & Murray. In an effort to provide both high quality legal services and efficient title services, the firm joined forces with Lawyers Title of Cincinnati Inc. This relationship has continued to thrive successfully since then.
John R. Fletcher and Dale W. Griffin joined the firm in 1950, changing the name to Griffin, Griffin & Fletcher. The 1960's saw the additions of Michael C. Fletcher to the firm and Timothy Griffin, as closing manager for Lawyers Title of Cincinnati, Inc., cementing the family rooted tradition. The firm continued to benefit from the leadership and direction of John Fletcher and Dale Griffin well into the 1990's.
The new millennium saw rapid and diverse expansion for the firm, adding the services of Richard D. Herndon, Kevin R. Flynn, and Andrew D. Graf, formerly with Barron Peck Bennie & Schlemmer LPA. Shortly thereafter, title attorney Harold Anness, formerly of Thompson Hine LLP, joined the firm. The collective talents and abilities of the firm's personnel have enabled the firm to evolve into a very broad based real estate law practice. In 2007 the partners elected to change the firm's name to Griffin Fletcher & Herndon LLP.
In December of 2007, the firm expanded its practice through the acquisition of The Krasnove Law Firm located in California in order to better serve clients on a national basis, and continues this presence with a location in Carlsbad, California. This acquisition has added more depth to the firm's already well-established commercial real estate and shopping center development practice.
The goal of Griffin Fletcher & Herndon LLP is to provide every client with quality legal services in a prompt and efficient manner. In 2010, the firm's efforts were recognized on a national basis when it was named as one of the "Best Law Firms" by U.S. News Best Lawyers.
Specific Practice Area and Industry Group Details across multiple offices: