Today, Megan is one of our Ottawa business lawyers working with a variety of clients - ranging from corporations that operate across Canada to local family-owned businesses. She assists her business clients on a range of issues, including incorporations, mergers and acquisitions, financings and review of key agreements. Megan was called to the Bar of Alberta in 2015 and now works with her clients on their Alberta business law issues and inter-provincial transactions.
In addition, Megan works with a variety of not-for-profits and charities on issues including compliance with governing legislation, governance and transactions/agreements with other organizations. Megan assisted over seventy clients - large and small - with continuing to the Canada Not-for-Profit Corporations Act and is already working with clients in respect of the upcoming transition to the new Ontario Not-for-Profit Corporations Act.
Megan has a special interest in regulatory law including FINTRAC compliance, government procurement and CITT complaints, government relations and lobbyist regulation.
• ONCA Delayed again , Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall website, www.perlaw.ca , October 1,2015
• Why You Need a Written Employment Agreement , Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall website, www.perlaw.ca , May 25, 2015
• Dispute Resolution for Dentists , Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall website, www.perlaw.ca , May 21, 2015
• Employment Law for Dentists , Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall website, www.perlaw.ca , May 13, 2015.
• Continuing Under the Canada Not-for-Profit Corporations Act and How We Can Help , Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall website, www.perlaw.ca , August 2014.
•Director, Board of Directors of SafePet Ottawa.
•Former Chair and Director, Board of Directors, Youville Centre
•Volunteer, Dress for Success Ottawa
•Canadian Bar Association
•County of Carleton Law Association
•Law Society of Alberta
•Law Society of Upper Canada
•Ontario Bar Association
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.